Safety Training Administrative Assistant
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Portland, Oregon office:
SAFETY TRAINING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
As a Safety Training Administrative Assistant, you will be expected to support the Training team and employ great organizational skills, have the ability to juggle multiple requests and meet deadlines, and the ability to function well in both an individual and team-oriented setting. The ideal candidate is upbeat with a positive attitude, thinks strategically, exemplifies precise attention to detail, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the independence to complete tasks and projects quickly, react with appropriate urgency to situations requiring quick turnaround, and take effective action with or without direction.
- Assist in scheduling and organizing Safety Training classes and handling inquiries from students
- Handle all payment processing for classes
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing course materials, coordinating catering services, arranging meetings, scanning documents, filing and record keeping
- Other duties and projects as needed and assigned
- 1 – 3 years of professional experience as an Administrative Assistant or equivalent role
- Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the company
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while remaining professional, responsive, and cooperative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat DC, and SharePoint
- Proven expertise in detailed planning and time management
- Positive, proactive, and able to exercise sound judgment
- Must be able to work well under pressure while meeting deadlines
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.