Project Transportation Engineer
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Issaquah, Washington office:
PROJECT TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER
The Project Transportation Engineer will serve as a key technical resource for roadway design and construction-phase services on a wide variety of public transportation projects in Washington, including large-scale complex projects, roadway and intersection improvements, maintenance of traffic, drainage and grading improvements, toll facilities, highways, and interchanges.
- Task management of transportation engineering and design projects;
- A solid understanding of civil engineering with a focus on state or local government roadway design;
- Supervision of junior staff and document production by managing the assembly of plans, specifications, and construction packages;
- Advance or develop relationships with local municipalities and utilities;
- Familiarity with the WSDOT Design Manual;
- Develop Temporary Traffic Control and Construction Staging plans;
- A penchant for creative design solutions;
- A passion for meeting project deadlines and budgets;
- A desire to grow personally and mentor young engineers;
- Monitor budgets and schedules to meet financial and profitability goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- 5-7 years of progressive experience with transportation projects
- Current Washington PE license, or the ability to obtain within 1 year
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong background in road and highway design in Washington State
- Roadway CADD and modeling experience required. Microstation and InRoads experience desired.
PBS has offices across the Northwest and is growing. At our core, we are an organization with a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects.
PBS offers employment opportunities to passionate professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.