Project Civil Engineer
PBS Engineering and Environmental, Inc., is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Issaquah, Washington office:
PROJECT CIVIL ENGINEER
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years’ experience as a consulting engineer, providing design and project management of municipal projects with a focus on transportation and utility design.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage and design municipal utility infrastructure projects;
- Manage design staff as lead engineer on project tasks;
- Coordinate with other design team members on large or complex projects;
- Provide leadership in efficient and constructible design of civil projects;
- Establish and grow client relationships;
- Participate in business development opportunities;
- Participate in professional organizations and function;
- Mentor young professionals.
Specific qualifications and abilities should include:
- A solid understanding of civil engineering with a focus on utility design
- Design and utility coordination through developing relationships with local municipalities and utilities
- Familiarity with the WSDOT Design Manual
- A penchant for creative design solutions
- A passion for meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Advanced skills in Civil 3D or Microstation and the Office 365 suite of programs
- A desire to grow personally and mentor young engineers
- Design experience with Seattle Public Utilities and Seattle City Light a plus
- Project Management experience a desired
A Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering and professional registration is required (Washington PE minimum); Oregon PE and licenses in other states a plus.
PBS has offices across the Northwest, and is growing. At our core, we are an organization with a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects.
PBS offers employment opportunities to passionate professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package that is one of the best amongst A & E firms in the Northwest.
Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and resume for this position.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.