Landscape Architect I-II
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Vancouver, Washington office:
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT I-II
The Landscape Architect I-II is a Landscape Designer who assists in designing landscaping and irrigation systems for commercial and institutional developments, industrial sites, roadway rights-of-way, roundabouts, streetscapes, parks, sports fields, subdivisions, multi-family residential, and other land development projects within the Landscape Architecture department of the company.
- Research and interpret municipal codes;
- Research and synthesize product information;
- Prepare conceptual, preliminary, and final construction phase plans and specifications;
- Assist in site plan, landscape grading, planting and irrigation design;
- Prepare details and design exhibits.
- Prepare construction cost estimate spreadsheets;
- Prepare hand conceptual sketching, conceptual plan renderings, and presentation drawings;
- Create renderings using image editing software;
- Attend design team meetings for project information gathering and coordination;
- Record all significant information related to the project for future reference and staff use;
- Maintain organization of work area, project documents, and computer files;
- Generate design processes that expedite typical approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Solid understanding of landscape architecture methods and design;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency or ability to learn in the use of industry accepted graphics software (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch-Up)
- 0 to 3 years of professional landscape architecture office experience. LA II requires minimum 2 years of experience.
- Planting design experience in the Pacific Northwest and/or eastern Washington/Oregon climates
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to compute accurate geometric math for project quantities and construction cost estimating
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
Additional desirable qualifications include:
- Experience in irrigation design and system calculations.
- Landscape Architect in Training (LAIT) certification or currently studying for the LARE, or has other certifications relating to the landscape architecture industry.
- Interest to learn or is proficient in other rendering and modeling software (Revit, Maxwell, InfraWorks, V-Ray, etc.)
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.