Document Control Specialist
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 240-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Vancouver, Washington office:
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST
This position provides project technical and administrative support in a team environment. Under limited supervision this role performs routine document controls assignments requiring knowledge of document controls principles, administers the document lifecycle for engineering and construction documents, defines standards and workflows for document management, and leads the collection, authoring, publication, storage and retrieval of documents.
- Work with the Construction Manager to organize projects uniformly.
- Set up and maintain project files, project closeout, and file retention.
- Scan documents, update procedures and create documents as required.
- Administer the document lifecycle (authors, approves, publishes, revises, retires, archives) for engineering and construction documents, including drawings, correspondence, procedures, and forms.
- Prepare electronic document templates. Scan documents, update procedures and create documents as required.
- Maintain the electronic project record files. Prepare records for inactive storage according to the Records Retention Schedule. Copy and scan documents as needed to perform distribution and storage duties.
- Administer document processes and systems to ensure control and availability of documentation to site personnel.
- Review new and revised documentation for suitability and conformance to PBS standards including record retention.
- Perform and/or support regular audits of document control processes and procedures.
- Assist in providing training on documentation and record retention policies, records destruction, disaster recovery, procedures and instructions to site personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate's degree
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and standards
- 5 years document control/document management functions experience
- Capable of extreme attention to detail
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 3 years document control/document management functions experience
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.