PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 200-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Eugene, Oregon, office:
As Office Administrator, you will be expected to employ great organizational skills, the ability to juggle multiple requests, the ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, thinks strategically, exemplifies precise attention to detail, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the independence to complete tasks and projects quickly, react with appropriate urgency to situations requiring quick turnaround, and take effective action with or without direction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer/screen incoming office phone calls
- Greet and assist office visitors
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Handle shipping and receiving through UPS, Fed Ex, etc.
- Provide support for events and meetings, including managing food delivery as well as set-up and breakdown
- Work in our accounting software to set up new client projects for project managers
- Conduct accounts payable data entry
- Maintain and enter credit card expenses
- Monitor aged accounts receivable
- Perform general office admin tasks as needed
- Carry out other duties and special projects as assigned
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience as a receptionist in a professional services environment (within the A/E/C industry a plus)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe a plus
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while remaining professional, responsive, and cooperative
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time-management, and prioritizing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus and a positive attitude
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.