Staff Surveyor- PLS (Walla Walla, WA)
PBS Engineering and EnvironmentalInc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering, surveying,and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982,our 230-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clientsthroughout the Pacific Northwest.
At PBS, we are committed to fostering a work environment that is conduciveto the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplishedthrough a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication anddiverse projects. Many of our projects involve a number of consultants andcontractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on ourproject management approach and experience.
As a leader in providing surveyservices throughout the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualifiedindividual for the following open position in our Walla Walla, Washington office:
STAFF SURVEYOR - PLS
The Staff Surveyor will be a qualified Licensed Survey Professional who will work under the Eastern Washington Survey Manager to lead and direct survey staff and our ongoing survey program in our Walla Walla, WA office. Walla Walla is a small city in a well-recognized wine producing area, strategically located in South Central Washington. The firm’s reputation and location allows the ability to launch survey projects throughout Eastern Washington and Oregon, Idaho, and Western Montana. This person will play a vital role in the success of the firm and its reputation in not only Walla Walla, but across multiple office locations and the intermountain Northwest. The qualified candidate will oversee a wide variety of cadastral, geospatial, planning, design, and construction surveying projects.
- Work with project managers from various internal disciplines to plan and structure surveying processes to support ongoing project efforts.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure effective and timely delivery of surveying deliverables.
- Coordinate with various staff members to ensure a quality product is consistently delivered to clients.
- Interface with clients and impacted stakeholders to properly identify and subsequently meet needs.
- Lead and develop knowledge and skills of party chiefs and various staff.
- Manage daily work activities of one or several party chiefs including preparation of daily work requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with principals, project managers, and clients to prepare and participate in project proposals and interviews as requested.
- Licensed in the State of Washington or ability to become licensed in the state of Washington within six months.
- Experienced in use of automatic total stations, robotic total stations, data collectors, static GPS data acquisition, RTK GPS surveys, researching, and use of various software.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Minimum 5 years of recent projects that would preferably include elements of the following:
- Public or Private road design surveys.
- Public or Private Construction Staking experience including roadway, structures, and utilities.
- Utility location and staking experience.
- Experience working within the Public Lands Survey System.
- Complete familiarity with RTK and Static GPS Survey Technologies.
- Complete familiarity in the use of Robotic Total Stations.
- Familiarity with Remotes Sensing Technologies.
- Previous experience with project management including project development / marketing is a plus.
- Experience with research and analysis of survey records from public and private repositories.
- Experience with calculations and application of statutory and common law related to resolution of property boundaries and analysis of evidence.
- Adept at use of AutoCAD, and other survey related computer software and online resources.
- Ability and experience with cost estimating, proposals, and project management.
- Valid driver’s license.
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.