Staff Civil Engineer
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. (PBS) is a regionally distinguished and growing engineering and environmental consulting firm in Oregon and Washington. Founded in 1982, our 240-plus person firm has a history of successfully serving major clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As a leader in providing consulting engineering services in the Northwest, we are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Richland, Washington office:
STAFF CIVIL ENGINEER
In this role, our Staff Civil Engineers perform civil engineering design work in a team environment working with other engineers, project managers, and PBS staff in the other company business lines. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience as a consulting engineer providing design and project management of land development and municipal projects.
- Plan, administer and design small to medium size civil projects;
- Manage design staff as lead engineer on project tasks;
- Provide leadership in efficient and constructability design of civil projects;
- Establish and maintain client relationships; ensure client satisfaction and ensure that client objectives are met;
- Participate in business development opportunities;
- Participate in professional organizations and functions;
- Mentor young professionals;
- Estimate and budget labor hours for design projects; review job costing reports.
- A solid understanding of civil design and construction standards, and environmental conditions / constraints
- A proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated skills developing relationships with local municipalities and utilities
- Familiarity with code requirements
- Flexibility and creativity in engineering approaches
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, hydrology modeling, and MS software applications required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, and management
A Bachelor's in Civil Engineering and professional registration is required (Washington and/or Oregon PE minimum); licenses in other states a plus.
PBS has offices across the Northwest. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication, and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve several consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
PBS offers mileage-based reimbursement for the use of personal vehicles. For positions requiring transportation, use of a personal vehicle may be required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.